Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"We're all listening to downbeat shite"

Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the ingrained national inferiority complex, who cares.
Here's some lyrics from a few of my current favourite tunes:

"And we're all listening to down-beat shite,
We over-did the good times and now we can't sleep at night"


"I'm armed with the past, and the will, and a brick
I might not want you back, but I want to kill him
Leave the rest at arm's length
Keep your naked flesh under your favourite dress"

Good Arms vs Bad Arms - Frightened Rabbit

"Girlfriend, it's you I'd scuttle ships for
Make my first mate walk the plank for
Admire the all or nothing
I'm admiral of nothing at all
Nothing at all"

Admiral - King Creosote

I'm seeing the first two on Saturday (along with Mogwai and Clinic) which will be fab, and then KC in a couple of weeks.

Hooray for Scots miserablism, it really is a thing of beauty...it really makes me happy.

you can buy their wonderful records here, here, and here respectively.

No comments: